Sharing the love of Jesus by meeting the needs of neighbors!
BEYOND THE HORIZON VISION, 7 years (2018 – 2025)
An overwhelming darkness has flooded southeastern Davidson County; this attitude considers God in general and churches in particular both irrelevant and unnecessary. People hungry for life can’t find it, so we will be a light of healing and hope in the power of God. We will shine Jesus’ love upon our neighbors through specific projects designed to meet their immediate spiritual or physical needs. As Jesus fed 15,000 men, women, and children with a few small fish and loaves of bread, we will trust God to empower us to offer “the bread of life” to those without God’s hope and help. Like a friendly campfire draws lost hikers to its warmth and promise of aid, we will work with God to see that in the next 7 years 300 of our neighbors will come to the bright love of Jesus shining in our lives and from this hill.
BACKGROUND VISION, 3 years (2018 – 2020)
- Reach more parents.
- Increase Social Media Presence.
- Discover the Needs of Our Neighbors.
- Increase Training Among Members concerning spiritual growth, spiritual gifts, and spiritual service.
MID-GROUND VISION, YEAR 2 (2019)
In 2019 we will connect with a neighborhood in Antioch with the goal that 10 families from that neighborhood will join our church.
FOREGROUND VISION (beginning ASAP)
- Pick a neighborhood with a large number of homes with parents and children. We will use demographic studies to pick the neighborhood.
- Monthly Connection Nights. Once a month we will go to the target neighborhood, Prayer Walk the neighborhood, and go door to door to ask these questions:
“What do you think this community needs?”
“Is there anything you would like us to pray for you and your family?”
If there is something: “May we pray for you right now?”
“Would you be interested in hosting a home bible study for your neighbors and friends.”
As we canvas the homes, we will note the ones with whom we visited. Then we can enlist members to send a follow up letter to those homes. It was also suggested that we take a small gift, like a 9 volt battery for their smoke alarms.
- Determine and clarify the needs of the neighborhood.
Through the questions asked on Connection Nights.
Through interviews of community leaders conducted by the Community Needs Team.
- In the Fall of 2019, we will host a block party in the target neighborhood in the yard of one of the neighbors. We will use the NBA Block Party Trailer and provide hot dogs and drinks.